Either way, talk over, time to torture you with the first part, aka Long and Tiring.
( You guys sort of need the explanations, but I wish you didn'tCollapse )
I propose we start calling them the PocaGuri couple~
So I don't really watch WGM (basically it's been WooJung couple, Adam couple, Ansol Couple and snatches of the international one) so I wasn't really expecting anything, but a couple of gifsets caught my eye, and before I knew it.. there we have it, a couple I love (and it took me 5 episodes to decide that, so unless they really screw up, they're good). So err.. I went ahead and made cuts for them (this season is good that way that they don't have interlacing clips of the different couples). There might be a few extra seconds in the front and back of the video, but that's because I'd rather leave a bit extra in than accidentally cut some out.
So yeah... tell me if there's any problem, and I'll try to fix it.( Click to see the links~Collapse )
( Adorable flashback commenceCollapse )
By the way, I didn't do this in the first post, (though I probably should've) but you can go through ~this~ tag for the chapters ^^
( Yes, yes, shutting up now~Collapse )
Before I can give you the novel though, I must remind you of a few things:
1)Remembering Li Chuan isn't mine, it belongs to the author, and I am only translating it since I can find no one else who is, neither can I find official translations.
2)Mandarin is my... 6th or 7th language, no exaggerations or bragging, so therefore please do not expect ditto translations. I am translating this from what I understand, and my comprehension level is that of a drunk four year old, so please be lenient. Everyone is welcome help correct me, as I am well aware I can make a shittonne of mistakes, but please, be nice. I am a sensitive child.
3)This is project of a one-man team consisting of a supremely lazy, supremely haggard and supremely busy college student, so updates may not be very punctual and/or frequent, and there's probably nothing I can do about it :< Your comments, love and discussions are the only motivation I have though, so you know what to do to give me a boost ^^
Please track ~this~ tag for the chappies ^^
( And now, on with the first chapterCollapse )
Remember when I had thought of starting a new project? The private uploads to youtube one? Well... if you thought I had forgotten it, I totally haven't. It just took longer than expected, what with the suddenly burgeoning courseload of 5 classes this semester, as well as a job. Last semester suddenly seems so easy to me... Anyway, after I uploaded the Sato-Ishihara version of Romeo and Juliet, I was at a loss for what to upload that seemed manageable. And, well, suddenly I found it, a while back, and finally started watching it this long weekend.
It's called Jun To Ai (Jun and Ai), and there's 6 episodes a week, 15 minutes each, lasting for about 151 episodes. Somehow, this, of all the things I could have picked, seemed manageable. Must be the 15-minute thing and psychological illusions I suppose. Or ought they be delusions?
The tagline for this drama ought to be "I never watch asadoras (morning long-running doramas), and I don't watch without subs, but this was so cute I had to". Search any post made on Jun To Ai (in English, that is) and you'll find those words. If you want a quick intro and thoughts, or some episode summaries to help you out, they shall be found here at Topazera's LJ.
Anyway, now that you get the gist of it, I am proud to tell you that I am uploading them to my youtube account (6 episodes uptil now, hurray), and an episode by episode link masterpost will also be published soon~
And yes. I know full well how absent I have been (and can see the visitor number plummet as well). But what I really hate the most? Not talking to you all. My unnies (and if you're a dongsaeng, I love you just as much, I swear), are some of the most fun bunch to hang around, much better than those I considered friends. Can you tell that I've been freshly betrayed? What? No? Am I not being emo enough? Any how, do not worry, I am completely well (and I made new friends in new classes, so HA!). I just decided to focus on other stuff rather than people I'd rather not spend time with. So, first up shall be the news.
I am proud to announce a new venture: unlisted videos on youtube. Currently the first over there is Romeo and Juliet, the one with Ishihara Satomi and Sato Takeru in it over here. I think I'm going to continue uploading whatever I see fit, but if you have any requests, please do tell me. I'm going to create a sticky post for the videos, I shall.
The whole thing started when I went to old dramas for comfort (thank you life, for being mean, for seeking comfort is sometimes one of the best ways of finding out good stuff), and saw that youtube doesn't really have them, due to it being mean. So then I thought: what can I do? And then I decided that I would upload (preferably older) stuff to youtube, but unlisted, because I know what a pain it can be to want to watch on a mobile device which for some reason or the other only has youtube working, but you can't. So I thought, that as long as you see my post, and click on the links, you can watch the youtube video, ne?
The Romeo and Juliet is (in contrast to what I just said, is relatively new). I found it via a fanmv who linked me to the HD copy (6.6 GB, le gasp), and encoded to a smaller size, and uploaded it to youtube. The video does not have subs, but it's Romeo and Juliet, so it oughtn't be that bad, right?
Anyway, as I mentioned before, I was watching old dramas, namely: Smiling Pasta, Romantic Princess and Pride. The only new drama I am watching is Flower Boy Next Door, which I adore to bits. Watching the older dramas has reignited my love for Farenheit, Angela Chang (although to be honest, the way she spells it it ought to be Zhang, the same surname as Nicholas Teo's Chinese one, Zhang Dong Liang), Nicholas Teo, Cyndi Wang, S.H.E, KimuTaku and Takeuchi Yuko. In fact, I have a post coming up for some stuff in Pride and Flower Boy Next Door, so have this very rough and incoherent update for now. Please respond, since I need to know if anyone is actually liking the idea of the unlisted youtube videos or if I'm just wasting my time~ Love ya'll~
Soo.. 2012 is sorta over (and I really don't know where it all went because I feel like I didn't get anything done). It was a year of many firsts, yadda yadda. But rather than reminisce (and regret) lets cheer ourselves up by seeing what we can look forward to in 2013... mainly in the form of shows (in no order whatsoever).
1) Lan Ling Wang: Who are we kidding. We're getting Ariel Lin, Feng Shao Feng, Daniel Chan, and George Hu in one show. In a period show. With all its finery. And fighting. And some magical fantasy (Ariel and her ancestors are shamans). And the romance. [Also, am I the only one who's noticing that all of Hu Ge's leading ladies are being wooed by Feng Shao Feng one by one? Liu Yifei, Ady An, Yixuan and Yang Mi, and now Ariel Lin...]
Too bad they all don't look exactly like their manhua versions. Oh well, they're still gorgeous anyway.
2) Untitled JDrama: This one... It's being hailed as the so-called J-version of Gossip Girls, and having never seen that show (yet.. ought I? Please advise). That I don't give a shit about. What I do give a shit about is the fact that this baby has Aibu Saki as the leading lady. And that's still not the best part. The best part is this: the guys in line for her are *drumroll* Oguri Shun,Mukai Osamu,Okada Masaki, andMatsuzaka Tori.
How many countries did she save exactly in her past lives? Cos you can't save that many in one.
3) Flower Boy Next Door: On my list, this has got to be the most hyped about drama that's there [which is why it has such a brief paragraph here.. we need to balance stuff out guys], and for good cause. It's giving us Park Shin Hye back, and she's bringing a whole harem with her, namely, Yoon Shi Yoon, Kim Ji Hoon, Go Kyung Po and Mizuta Kouki. If anyone wants to read the webtoon, it’s herehttp://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/vi
4) Kyou, Koi Wo Hajimemasu: So technically, this is a movie, plus, it premiered in December. But, since I really like (xihuan, keshi bu ai xP) the manga, and since I'm not going to get my paws on it until [early] 2013... it's here. It has Takei Emi (my baby) and Matsuzaka Tori (also my baby), who have both co-starred before, once as brother-sister (GOLD) and once as love interests (Asuko March). GOLD came first so it's not as squicky, btw. And since we're talking about Asuko March.. I'm taking this movie as the closure Asuko March never gave me (you don't even call me anymore, you left so abruptly, my heart still hurts TT_TT). Seeing the number of squee worthy scenes in the trailer alone, I have quite high expectations. Let's just not find out that they used every squee-worthy scene in the trailer =__=;;
5) Biblia Koshodou No Jiken Techou: This drama blipped on my radar for the following reason: it's based on a series of light novels that I really like. It's about a pretty, young and female bookshop owner who... doesn't have very many social skills. What she does have, though, is her encyclopaedia-like knowledge. With which she solves book-related mysteries. Just my type of lady. I don't really know the cast (Goriki Ayame, who played an annoying female in Asuko March, and some dude from EXILE) so I can't really say much, except they better not screw this up. If you can't understand Japanese, but would still like a taste of the novels or see the (scarce) illustrations, baka-tsuki is translating it here u^
6) Mayonaka No Panya-san: Another one based on a novel, this one is about a mysterious bakery that only opens at midnight (I only explain in case the name didn't give it away xP), and which has, per recent entertainments trends, an eccentric, quirky, funny and heartwarming nakama. But. This one has something that sets it apart. We have Takizawa-kun (yes, THE Takizawa Hideaki) headlining this jdrama. If this ain't worth watching, I dunno what is. I haven't read the novels, so I don't know what to make of it, except.. I hope I can get my hands on it.
7) Otome-san: Another Aibu Saki jdrama, this one has Aibu Saki as a newlywed wife who moves in with her husbands family... and unearths a whole damn walk-in armoire of skeletons. I have no expectations for this one, since the genre is so vague (will it be serious or played for laughs?) but I might check out a couple of episodes in any case.
8) Nobunaga No Chef: Has Tama-cha-err Tamamori Yuta, time-travelling to Edo period and food. End.
9) Dinner: Has Eguchi Yosuke and food. End.
10) XXXHolic: HOLY JESUS OMMGGG DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE *DEAD* iF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY I'M SO EXCITED, YOU MUST NOT HAVE READ THE MANGA. GO READ IT NOW.
11) Mei Ren Long Tan: The only information I can glean for this one is that its alternate title is Onsen Beauty, it has a chick losing a lot of weight and becoming pretty, and Mike He playing a pair of twins. Guess which of those reasons I'm gonna watch this show for. Go on. Guess.
12) Xing Fu Pu Gong Yin: Alternate title of Dandelion Love, has Danson Tang and Nylon Chen. Wooohooooo~
13) Mei You Ming Zi De Tian Dian Dian: In the sweltering heat of the city, along a nondescript alley, there is The Patisserie With No Name.(<=Drama title right there folks). There is only coffee, tea and Chef's creation of the day on the menu. Has Xiu Jie Kai. Sold. Next!
14) Qin Ai De, Wo Xiang Gao Su Ni: Literally "Sweetheart, I want to tell you", it has a It's A Wonderful Life-ish storyline, where Yi Xue Fei (Janel Tsai) accidentally falls off her balcony after learning of her husband's affair... only to be saved by the ghost of a superstar who died 10 years ago, who shows her her life from the eyes of others. The only thing that pulls me in is that it sounds like a cross between a It's A Wonderful Life and Spirited, an Aussie show I liked that had a dentist (Suzy) who is suddenly able to communicate with the ghost of a 80's brit rocker called Henry Mallet who still thinks he's alive.
15) Tiny Times 1.0: With both a movie and drama coming out based on the novels, and with the cast made up of my babies like Ivy Chen, Peter Ho, and Yang Yang (Oh why you gay Yang Yang, at least be bi TT_TT), the least I can do is check it out. I haven't read the novels because the hanzi level required is a bit ahead of the current me, although one day I shall. If I like the show anyway, which people are describing as a mix of Urban China with Gossip Girls and The Devil Wears Prada (exactly what is this fixation with Gossip Girls?). All I can say is: Go go team~~!!
16)City Conquest: Based on manhwa, has action and Kim Hyun Joong. Wait. I need to explain more? Why?
17) The Hundred Year Inheritance: Mainly cos I love Eugene and I loved her last family drama (Seeking Love/Creating Destiny). Then again, she was acting against her (later) hubby, which might explain the chemistry, which... may not be present here. We'll see.
18) Gangnam Style: Currently under many many many problems (Yunno... the title may seem familiar.. Oh, and the original author ain't that happy, and it has no channel), but it has Park Ha Sun from High Kick 3, so I'd say that makes it even xP
Whew... 18 shows... I think it best we end here ^w^
P.S. I'm still pissed at Level 7 Civil Servant so I wasn't going to mention it, but it has baby Joo Won and a Uhm Tae Woong cameo, so it gets a line at the end. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. But till then, here's all that shall be written about it